Monday, July 11, 2016

Sunrise | June 2016 Hip Kits | Hip Kit Club

Hi everyone!
Today I am back sharing a new design team layout for Hip Kit Club that I created using the June 2016 Main and Add-On Kits!
This week I was given the brief to focus on text/alphas and I knew I wanted to use that amazing exclusive text paper that was designed by Kim Watson!
The paper did prove to be a little challenging with all those words so I decided to cut some circles out of it using my Silhouette Cameo, I kept some of the negative pieces from the circles and flipped them over to reveal the other side of the paper and added them in a few random places! I then backed it up against the wood grain paper which I love the look of how it turned out!

I had this photo that I took at Easter time of a beautiful sunrise one morning while camping. I took it using the panoramic setting on my phone and it was perfect! I thought it was the perfect photo to use since there are lots of sun/summer themed embellishments in the June 2016 kits!Sunrise Detail
I added lots of the embellishments from Simple Stories Jillibean SoupAmerican CraftsPink Paislee and Heidi Swapp plus the exclusive ephemera pack by Kim Watson too! The Go See Do circle and the 'I'm Dreaming of This' phrase were from the May 2016 Kit but  I thought they went perfectly with this layout!
Sunrise Detail 2
I filled almost every open hole on the layout either with a phrase or an embellishment...I love how using a small little item can really just add the perfect detail you needed! I added some machine stitching right around the entire edge of the text paper. Getting back to my brief of focusing on text/alphas...I used lots of other different text pieces including, puffy stickers, ephemera and phrase stickers as well!
Sunrise Detail 3
Thank you so much for joining me on my blog today!
Happy creating!
Tarrah x
Tarrah McLean

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails